Gallery

Thursday 29 August 2013

Sims 3: Supergranny


Afternoon, broad daylight. Mr shineypants just entered the apartment and took a vacuum XL out of his pocket (let's say it was his pocket, really) and started absorbing the mirror (yes the mirror, apparently the PC wasn't hot enough for him, or the mouse pad with skulls scared him off). 

Now I thought I was well prepared for any kind of intruder with my aggressive cat (of which the tooltip read that it would catch any burglar) and my brave granny (of which the tooltip read that she would fight any burglar). However, Lady didn't have any interactions available with the burglar, whereas she usually can at least sniff a person she hasn't met before, and Granny had a moment of instant senility and was just staring at him in disgust, unable to do anything.

A quick search through the internet taught me that this has happened to other people before, and it's probably a bug. Because it was pissing me off, I went back to the latest save game and tried again.

This time it took three whole days before a burglar visited the 11th floor, and it wasn't some shineypants from the next century, but your regular classic burglar. He was called Blake. Blake didn't get past the hallway or Granny ran to him, the two circling around each other (appropriate music) and deeply staring into one another's eyes.

Things became a bit disturbing when the text "Blake thinks Vanessa is okay." turned up, while Granny got a positive moodlet from being "near an attractive Sim". Soon there was nothing to be seen besides a lot of dust and stars in the hallway.


I'm not sure how she did it and if she played it by the rules, but Granny totally won the fight and Blake dived into the elevator to get away. I hope he's going to take some time to rethink his life, because he was just totally owned by a granny like a boss. In her pajamas, that is.

Sadly, no exciting romances were initiated as the fight left a negative affection rate with Vanessa. Perhaps this is a good thing, as a relationship of this kind could prove a bit too adventurous. For Blake, that is.

10 comments :

  1. Haha. That is hilarious!

    The guy from the first picture does look to be a nasty bug. He looks more like the guy who comes to collect stuff if you can't pay the bills. At least I never saw a burglar like that!

    I also didn't know that cats could fight burglars! I know dogs have a trait for that but I didn't know cats had it too. Interesting.

    As for granny protecting the house, all I can say is: Go granny! Show those burglars who is the boss! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That might be it! Perhaps it was the tax collector guy (I might have forgotten to pay the bills because the mailbox is totally down, I honestly don't remember) - that would explain why I couldn't send the cat and grandma after him. Yes, my cat somehow got the Aggressive trait, although I'm not sure if I want to keep it: seems like pets cannot actually catch them but just alert the residents to their presence (or at least so I read on the internet), and she keeps hissing occasionally at the girls or anyone who comes by (apart from granny, her BFF).

      Delete
  2. Hey Gamer Grrl of All Worlds! We're hosting the MMOlympics in Oct. Can we do something in The Sims??
    http://irez.me/2013/08/29/previz-76-activity-2-mexico-city-1968/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, I think that will be tough, with the Sims being a single-player game, although there seems to be an active forum community. There are people creating items in the game, although I'm not familiar with the specifics (I'm not much of a computer nerd) - but I believe you can only use models already in-game and provided by EA. Could be something like a "Challenge", with people making pictures of their best protests/supportive things on a set day, posting them to forums/blogs. I have no idea how much support this would get in the community, though, as I'm not really part of it.

      Delete
  3. Awesome pictures as always :D I love it ! hahaha ! I will post more from my family soon aswell ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm looking forward to your stories. :)

      Delete
  4. FLy by comment to let you know, this post totally got me playing Sims 3 again! I tend to only play Sims very sporadically and in super-short bursts, but I really enjoyed myself last week creating some sims, trying out some mods and letting my family develop. Similar to you I always seem to have this urge to have an elder relative (mine are almost away horrid people) die, leaving a teen to look after a household on their own. It is more of a challenge money-wise and tough on time-management, but I get a buzz from it. I gotta say I tire of Sims really quickly, and have yet to play this week, but for I was in-game all of the week prior :) Are their any mods that you use (as with Skyrim)?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like your sim had a visit from your neighborhood repo man! I too wish there was a way to stop him, alas, without cheats, there's not...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, the repo-man strikes again. Mine is a vampire so he takes your stuff and goes for your sim's blood...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there, sorry for the delay with the comments (I noticed this page got reloaded a lot). I dislike comment moderation as much as the next guy, but sadly enough I get a lot of spam on my older posts without it. But at least on the recent posts comments get published right away!

      And yes, the repo-man... when you're living in a flat I just always forget about the mail... so usually I let my Sims pay the bill when I get the popup, but I must've missed one....

      Vampire repo-man, OMG! It's bad enough to have a strange guy walk into your home and start vacuuming stuff, it must be beyond creepy if he also sucks your blood. I haven't explored much with vampires yet (I think it's a pretty weird feature in normal Sims gameplay, to be honest), but I might give it a try one of these days with a different household.

      Delete

You can insert links, images and videos to your comment using these tricks.